Who'd of thought 2020 would lead to most of us working via Zoom. Whilst Zoom has been around a while now, some of you may never have used it until recently. So I thought it might be of use to write a little list of do's and don'ts for those new to the Zoom.
- Always mute your mic when you are not speaking. As a sign of respect to your fellow Zoom callers. Also makes it easier to hear the person who is talking.
- Dress for the occasion, even though you are working from home you still need to dress appropriately and look professional. Even if it's just the top half.
- Where possible wear a head set or ear buds, it's easier to hear and also your voice will be clearer
- Check your internet connection is running smoothly before the call
- Make sure you give yourself plenty of time to download and install the app prior to your first calls
- Check your video and background, make sure there is nothing inappropriate in the background
- Turn off your video, it's a video call for a reason, everyone needs to be seen
- Zoom in public places, or noisey areas
- Zoom with multiple people or sit next to someone
- Eat whilst on the call
- Stray from the agenda